Monday, March 21, 2011

Fashion: Swan Song





Swan Song.
A folk myth about the first and last song a mute swan sings before it dies.
Also, an idiom referring to a final great 'act' before one death an interesting factor one has to consider is that the 'actor' has to know he's going to die.

An ironic name for a dress I consider my #0 or my first dress but I can't help associating the mood of the fabric to the said idiom. Plus it's a very very good reminder that a designer is only as good as his last dress...

Dress.

This dress is from my archives. Done way back in December 2008.
Dress is made of blue silk (most likely synthetic) with pleather detailing
and black wool base. All by Mara Chua. Leggings also by Mara Chua.
Shoes are store bought.

To contact:
chua.mara@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment